Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,

   Holy crap! How long has it been? I can't remember the last time I wrote to you. It's been a long time old friend.  I am sorry that we haven't been connected but  things have just been busy lately. As you know I have a family now and  I am a stand up com--  well you know the rest. There is no need for me to do a shameless plug here. (www.youtube.com/mikebcomedy), this is  about us and what happened to Christmas.

  You and I both knew we weren't going to be friends for long, being preachers kid I wasn't going to believe in you. Hmmm coal in my stocking or eternal damnation? Can you blame me for choosing God? I never experienced the actual belief in you and I wonder what type of person I would end up if I ever did. Would it make me a psychopath going on a killing rampage after finally realizing you're not real? Santa, this is me we are talking about even you would ask God to help me.  But that's me not my kids. My kids believe in you and it's pretty awesome witnessing the magic unfold.

Sure you're a real person but your legacy has turned a money making machine. People kill in your name: Nike Air Jordan Gamma Blue. Humanity has taken what you've taught and completely change it around into a religion. And everyone gives their tithes and offering to the Almighty on Black Friday.People are forgetting what you stood for, giving gifts to the poor. Not to a snot nose rich kid who has everything and also wants an Xbox One and PS4.  You're now in commercials promoting products saying that this will be the best Christmas gift and blah blah blah. Drink Coke this holiday season! How could kids be good kids if you want them to drink soda?

But don't worry Santa, I don't blame you for anything. I keep my children away from TV, greed, and Coke. There is hope for Christmas and it will go back to what it was originally meant for. To help the poor. Only once a year? One step at a time.

Merry You -Father Christmas- Kringle-
Nicholas and a Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment